Welcome to our Sponsor's Spotlight. If your company wants to inspire the world, you’ve come to the right place! That’s our mission here at World Changers Entertainment, and we'd love for your brand to be part of it. Contact our team now so we can talk with you about our opportunities, including brand integration, in-kind services, ongoing ad spots and more! Let's make the world a better place... together!
A Panel on Coaching to Prevent Youth ViolenceOn September 22, 2015, Up2Us Sports presented a panel of distinguished experts for a discussion on violence prevention strategy and goals, moderated by Founder and CEO, Paul Caccamo. The primary objective of the panel was to focus people’s attention on the power trained sports-based youth development coaches have to help kids say no to violence and make better decisions. The panelists spoke candidly about current situation in Los Angeles, the role trained coaches can play in youth crime and violence prevention and the efforts that are being made by the LAPD, LA Sheriff’s Department, LA Mayor’s office and others to help combat the epidemic. Panelists included:
- Megan Bartlett, Chief Program Officer, Up2Us Sports
- Blake Chow, Commanding Officer - West Bureau, Los Angeles Police Department
- Bruce McCall Jr., Sports Program Lead, Sheriff’s Youth Foundation
- Pam Shriver, Olympic gold medalist in tennis and ESPN commentator
- Anne Tremblay, Director, Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Gang Reduction & Youth Development
- George Weaver, Vice President of Child Development and Special Programs, Brotherhood Crusade