Welcome to our Sponsor's Spotlight. If your company wants to inspire the world, you’ve come to the right place! That’s our mission here at World Changers Entertainment, and we'd love for your brand to be part of it. Contact our team now so we can talk with you about our opportunities, including brand integration, in-kind services, ongoing ad spots and more! Let's make the world a better place... together!
The Mechanical Animal
- Produced by Leveler Media, Philadelphia PA
- DP: Benjamin Webb, Patrick Blake
- Editor: Ben Lieberman
- Featuring: Tonia Hsieh, Hsieh Lab Staff, Temple University
- Additional Camera: Andrew Quitmeyer, Multi-Agent Robotic and Systems Lab, Georgia Tech
- Robotics: Aaron Johnson, Dan Koditscheck, University of Pennsylvania
- Music: Podington Bear, Lee Rosevere, Broke for Free
Temple University biologist Tonia Hsieh explains how she uses the unlikely combination of lizards and high speed cameras to develop robotic designs that are more capable of adapting to difficult terrain and complex environments. One goal is to further development of robots that may serve as first responders in disasters in which conditions may be too perilous for human response.